Sunday, July 25, 2010

Paint the Room Red

My younger sister has never had her room decorated just for her. She moved into my brother's room which looks like this:

(That's her by the way, my sister). She decided to paint her room red. Farmhouse Red to be exact (that was the name of the color swatch from Home Depot). But she also wanted a design of vines of some sorts on one of the walls. We looked at vinyl decals until she found the one she wanted, then I proceeded to paint it on the wall.

True to my form, I couldn't follow the design exactly (same thing happens when following recipes, I just can't do it. I'm a rebel), and free spirited my way across her wall. Twelve hours later:

Obviously, this is not the whole wall, but most of it. I'm too lazy to take more pics. And if you're thinking, wow, I wish Elissa would come paint something on my wall, yes I will. Right now, I will paint for money. Or bake. Or dance. Okay, maybe not dance for money, but I would do the hokey poky for money. Creepers.

6 comments:

Adrian said...

Elissa this looks great! I am super impressed. Oh, and you are welcome to come to my house and bake any time.

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

Okay, have you seen the movie "The Shining?" Um, don't tell anyone but I may or may not have watched it this weekend. The creepy kid keeps saying "redrum, redrum, redrum." If you've seen the movie, you know what that means. The "red room" post just reminded me of that. Now I'm scared.

ANYWAY. Wall looks fab. You may have just found your calling.

Vanessa said...

Get off your lazy butt and post more pictures! This is AWESOME! Does Audrey LOVe it?

Alyson Samantha said...

That is so amazing!!! Good job!

Vanessa said...

The girls said you had a bunch more pictures at the reunion...sorry I missed them. You're logo (above) is also awesome...See you soon.

Hallie said...

soooooooooo SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!