Monday, February 14, 2011

Public Service Announcement

Many of you may have played with Barbies in your past. But at least all of you know what Barbies are. And because I don't want my audience to go uninformed, I'm here to tell you about some recent changes to the Barbie world.

I was in Target the other day, when Fashionista Ken caught my eye. 

But the best part is the wording at the top of the box that says "100 + poses!" I'm so glad they've updated Normal Guy Ken with only 7 poses to Fashionista Ken with 100 + poses.


In addition, they have a new line called "Barbie - Back to Basics"





Apparently, one blogger was able to point out that these Barbies all have the looks of popular models (Tyra is #2 and Heidi is #10, in case you were wondering). I was just freaked out by how big their heads are in proportion  to the rest of their bodies. Then again, maybe it's a metaphor...

Remember how brothers or older sisters or evil children named Sid would pop off Barbie's head? Well now it's encouraged. Introducing: "Barbie, Swappin' Styles!"





It's great, because you buy just one Barbie, and ten different heads, and you are able to change Barbie's look with just a click and snap.





Kind of reminds me of that Wizard of Oz 2 movie. If you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about, because I don't think you could forget something like that.

I feel bad that they didn't have this around during Michael Jackson's life. I think the public would have been more accepting of his looks.

Or not.

I couldn't remember what the line was called, so I was googling things like "Barbie exchangeable heads" or "Different Head Barbie" or "Barbie Looses Her Head." To say the least, I saw some of Barbie's pictures that TMZ must have rights to.









I think this last one is my favorite. Tramp Stamp Tattoo Barbie. The question is, can her tattoo do 100+ poses? I'm sure by the time she looks like the above geriatric Barbie the tattoo will not only do different poses, but be able to transform into different animal shapes as well.

Oh, Mattel, how grateful we are to thee for coming up with this stuff.

And if this stuff didn't impress you, I found a couple new sights you should check out:
http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
and   http://www.myregisblog.com/

6 comments:

Job and Rachael said...

oh.my.heavens.
Thanks for the good laugh today Elissa :)

Tyson and Jacquelin said...

Hahahaha you always know how to brighten my day. Tawnya and Marcy have a roommate we call Beebs and I feel like you guys are somehow related, she loves picking on Marcy too :) I made the comment to them "imagine if we had Elissa and Beebs as roomates at the sametime." I think it would have been awesome. Love you!

Adrian said...

That swapping head barbie thing is creepy, but super smart! Wish i would have thought of it/had one as a kid. http://damnyouautocorrect.com is hilarious. Aaron was telling me about it the other day so it was fun to finally see it.

Molly said...

Wow. I used to play with Barbies, but I'm not sure if I'll allow my daughters to. This is just out of control.

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs! I could read them every day!

Caryn said...

I love the Ken blog post. Too funny! It is great to read some of your clever writing and hear from you on my blog. Thanks for the comment. Send me an email update soon and let me know how the Etsy business is going and other things. As you can see I have a new granddaughter, so life is good. :)