Monday, September 24, 2012

And Then He Shot Me

This past Friday I was heading to Denali and two state troopers with their lights and sirens on passed me. Then I saw 10 more troopers, 2 ambulances, and a dinosaur. Maybe not the dinosaur. One trooper that I passed on the side of the road was getting out his assault riffle. Something was definitely up. I then got to Denali and picked up my guests, and was heading back to Fairbanks when we were stopped by a trooper who had set up a road block and was talking to everyone going north bound.

The trooper (with his massive Alaskan gun) came up to my window and said "for the next 15 miles be on the look out for a white male hitch hiker. Do not stop for him, do not talk to him, keep driving and radio in or call 911 and tell us your mile marker, he has been involved in a shooting." Intense, right? Of course my guests were freaking out and one lady even started throwing up.

Okay, that didn't happen either.

But we did pass more troopers, as well as some soldiers from one of the bases, and they were all carrying heavy duty guns. I'm guessing they were Russian made.

I started envisioning a lone male hiker hiding out in the woods, and with his sniper riffle he was going to target one of the many tour buses (probably mine), and shoot me. Luckily, I would have only been wounded in the shoulder, so I'd be able to safely pull the bus over, turn on my hazards, chock my wheels, and then faint. He would take over the bus and it would become a hostage situation, and he would make us drive to the Canada border. At least there is a bathroom on board.

Having watched multiple action movies and spy shows, I'd pull out my acquired Micheal Weston skills and disarm him, all while driving the bus and keeping in between the lines. That's how good a driver I am. I would then lock him up in the bathroom...no, better yet, I'd throw him underneath in the luggage bay and I'd make sure to hit bumps going extra fast. I would then hand him over to the troopers and get my own reality tv show, which I would turn down because I'm humble like that.

But...that didn't happen. I later found out they found and shot the guy. He was some weirdo that had shot a hunter (at this time details of why he did that have not been released). My version would have been much cooler.

Sorry you don't get involved in Alaska trooper man hunts.


News Story Here

2 comments:

Alyson Samantha said...

What the crazy?? I would have been so freaked out! Good job keeping your cool and coming up with action plans for all possible scenarios.

Tyson and Jacquelin said...

I miss you. That's all