Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dream Job

People have asked what kind of job I'm looking for. Here is a list of what my dream job would look like. Unfortunately, I don't know where this job is ... yet. But I know it's out there. If you're feeling like you know something that even semi fits this list, please send it my way. I will make you the ultimate cookies or something. 

-Be able to make people laugh
-Interact with lots of friends/make new friends
- Have the freedom to set own hours, not have to "save up" for vacation days
-Have Sundays off
-Be creatively challenged/yet enjoy the challenges 
-Excited to go to work-Not stuck at desk for 8 hours
-Opportunity to travel if I desire, but don't have to if I don't want to
-Be paid a substantial amount, enough so I can pay off debts and not worry about money, and be able to buy things such as house and car and have money left over to travel without feeling like I'm blowing a year's savings.
-Work with people who like me
-Feel fulfilled and like I'm doing something worthwhile
-Use my skills as a leader and teacher
-If there is a home base/office, I want it to have plenty of natural light, but not so much that it's annoying (I know, this is kind of weird, but I'm not fond of being walled in with the constant-never changing artificial light blasting down)
-Not have to sit for 8 hours
-Be able to grow/get promoted/take on more responsibilities 
-Help others
-Not feel guilty for taking days off
-My higher-ups like and respect me
-I like my higher-ups
-Others I work with will have good communication skills
-I have a sense of pride in my work, feel invested in it
-Job will have perks/benefits that other jobs won't
-Wouldn't be an impediment to raising a family
-Stimulating
-Able to do fun things on a whim and leave work
-Do fun things at work

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elissa,

Sounds like the dream job you're looking for is in the military.

Ah ah a ha