Sunday, June 22, 2008

You've Got Mail


This is a project for graphic design that we did. It was supposed to be a "brochure" that was promoting a change consultancy. The objective was to make a brochure that wouldn't be automatically thrown out due to its boringness. So I went all out, and yes my brains were out by the time I was done with it. I took an actual mailbox and had a nice boy named Sam help me cut it down. The "text" inside were postcards that I made; I took pictures that I had and made them look cheesy postcardish.

On the back I had my roommates write out stuff that was supposed to be included. I also bought real postcard stamps, and here is were it gets real exciting- I actually did the postmarking stamping thing all on my own. It took some time and money to figure it out, but I'm pretty darn proud of it. For our final presentations of the project our teacher did hold up my mail box and asked the class if that thing landed on their desk if they would open it. Of course who wouldn't open a shrunk-ated mailbox, so I therefore met the main objective, even though the rest of the project might have not met perfect standards. And this folks, is what I do day in and day out. If you want to see a more detailed image of the postcards just click the picture.

1 comment:

ammunk said...

This all turned out SO COOL! I am glad you posted on here for everyone to see!