Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ode to Kristie Gatewood


I met a girl named Kristie
She was giggly and somewhat frisky
She laughed at my jokes
Sent me facebook pokes
And broke lots of hearts of handsome young blokes
Now she's going to serve the Lord in Salt Lake City
A mission for 18 months, her we don't pity
Because she'll be amazing
Like wild zebras grazing
Until a lion comes and pounces on the weakest one while the rest run for their lives into the African grasslands that maybe one day I'll see.
So for her I've updated my blog one last time
Before she leaves me all her nickels and a dime
And I was going to put an animated eternal flame
But I got fed up with the internet, shame on my name

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ELISSA! You're so funny!
Thanks for the fantastic poem.
I will always think of it when I am feeling alone.
You are among the very coolest girls that I've known.
I'll see you in 1 year and 1/2 year when I get home.

I Will MIss you, love!