Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ode to Color

There is an art form (?) that is taking over Pinterest. One day, I was feeling especially crafty and decided to do it. But because I'm me, I can't follow directions exactly. It goes against my DNA.

The craft is this, to take crayons, glue them to the top of a canvas, and then take a blow dryer and melt those suckers. The end result for the usual craft looks like this:



Cool, right?

I wanted to do a circle (I'm kind of obsessed with circles right now. I really want my wedding invites to be circular. Don't steal my idea.). Here is my result:






I didn't use enough yellow and I probably let all the colors run into each other too much in the middle. Oh well. I also had to take the crayons off because the crayons I used were in particularly crappy condition, so they didn't look very good still stuck on there. I don't know if I'm going to keep it or not. I just did it on poster board, maybe I'll do 50 more until I can get a master piece.

All in all, super easy fun craft that makes you feel like a kid again.

3 comments:

Job and Rachael said...

ooh that's so cool! I need to go "pin" this now :)

Molly said...

That is cool! So, wedding announcements, huh? Is there a blog post a missed reading or something?

Tyson and Jacquelin said...

I was thinking the same thing wedding invite huh...Oh and tyson is way proud of his procreative abilities did you see the post on his wall? In case you didn't it said "my boys can swim" haha