Monday, November 22, 2010

I wish this were my life...

I found a new blog today that 1)I'm mad I didn't come up with the idea first and 2)I wish I were Elaine and Gary and could live as fancy as they do. Let me explain. This blog is called Catalog Living, and features pictures from home decor magazines with captions that correlate. For example (and no, I didn't write this)


"Frankly Gary, I’m still worried that the Turners are going to think our lamps are too small."


Or






When Gary and Elaine host a cocktail party, you can always rest assured that they’ll be serving at least one bowl of giant rope.


Genius and hilarious. I probably spent an hour look at all the past posts. I read an article about the mastermind behind it and she said she gets e-mails all the times from photographers and the such who tell her they know what they're doing is absolutely ridiculous, so they find her stuff funny and not insulting. Maybe one day Adrian will have a picture featured on this lady's blog. But mark my words, I'll have the first poke at it. 


I know I didn't have that genius idea, but I did have another one: if I ever get married, I'm thinking instead of having a flower bouquet, I'll have an Edible Arrangement, you know, the fancy fruit basket? That way, I can just nibble on it the whole day while still looking put together. I don't want to take business away from Melissa or anything, so everyone should keep this idea on the down low.


And last but not least...I've had two sales! What's even cooler is that they were from people that randomly found me on Etsy. Speaking of my store, the week after Thanksgiving I'm doing a giveaway on Joelle's blog, so make sure you check it out (I'll remind everyone, no worries!).


And that, my friends, is all she wrote. For today. 

2 comments:

Gawdun said...

It reminds me of the Dick & Jane stories

Nate and Joelle said...

Best bouquet EVER!!! Wish I would have thought of that.