Friday, November 12, 2010

I am the Letter Chef

Remember a long time ago when I said I was going to try to make money designing blogs? Well...that didn't pan out like the 1849 gold rush. But remember those alphabet name pictures I made for my mom's sisters? Well...that's panning out a little better. In fact, my mom decided I should try to actually sell them. So I've been taking hundreds of pictures in cool spots around here in So Cal to beef up my stock of letters. And then we got a business license. And a seller's permit. And a fictitious business name. And I signed up on Etsy (because I could have made my own website, but honestly did not want to deal with that mess).  And we found a great local printer for the pictures. And we found a custom frame shop. And now I'm finally posting about this and introducing that I am the Letter Chef (not to be confused with any super hero of the same name. It's not like I'm revealing my secret identity. Or maybe I am). Without further adieu:


First you take a picture of something that looks like a letter (in this case an "E")



Find some other letters (S)







And then combine them together (it says "Cundiff")



To see more, go to my site: www.letterchef.etsy.com. When you click on the individual letters, there is another picture in a column that shows you more options of the same letter. Except "Z" - I only have two lonely ones. I know, I'm working on it. I may be willing to pay for a good Z picture (or any letter for that fact) if you'd like to submit one. The problem is they need to be in a vertical format, so remember that when looking for me. Because let's face it, I'll never have Oompa Loompas, so I'm relying on you.

3 comments:

ammunk said...

so does this mean the blog design thing is officially out?

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

I love your idea! I think you will do well and I'm happy for you. :)

Krystal said...

Z's are easy--they are just N's turned sideways.