Friday, October 8, 2010

Sister Art

My mom needed me to make a gift for her sisters as they were having a sister's reunion/quilting extravaganza this weekend. I have been taking pictures of "letters" of the alphabet, as found in the world around me. Remember how Sesame Street does that for the letter of the day? These are their last names, and technically the letters should all be in one line for easier reading, but due to space and money limitations, this was the next best thing. See if you can figure out the letters. And if you want one for yourself, let me know and I can send you the files.


Cowley



Hatch
(The star is just a filler. You have any better ideas?)




Kellis
(When I was doing this project last minute, I realized I didn't have any Ks. So the K here was really an R, and I photoshopped out my brother and then cropped it to a K. O K?)




Moon




Shumway



Stringham




Warne


Oh, and the borders aren't necessarily the same width all the way around because I had to fit everything on an 8x10 fit. Printing larger than 8x10 can get pricey.




6 comments:

Adrian said...

these turned out nice! Fun shapes.

Molly said...

Those are so cool! I've seen pictures like this a Target that say "peace," "love," things like that. But I've never seen someone's last name with them. I'm impressed you took all those pictures. Would you mind sending me the files for Biberston? Oh, and for Fite? That'd be great! My email is mofi86@aol.com

Hallie said...

wow. so so sooo cool. neat-o.

Alyson Samantha said...

You did an awesome job on these!!! I loved seeing them all yesterday. Your mom framed them well, too.

Job and Rachael said...

Oooh!!! I am loving these! I have always wanted to do an J & R in separate frames for our apartment. But I am not creative enough to take awesome pics! ;)
K, you probably are thinking "this girl is taking up too much of my time!" but if you have a few min. I would love the files for a J (if you have one) and an R :) No rush, I probably won't get to the project for a while anyways :) You are super! I think you should start charging for your awesomeness ;)

Krystal said...

I'm working on a similar project--aren't U's a pain to find??? I'm still looking for a good one but I'm planning to make something similar for my family Christmas gifts. I love the park bench R.