Friday, December 31, 2010

So Me to You

I promised myself that I would post more this year than last year. Last year I posted 59. This post will make 60 for this year. I know you're standing in shock and awe about how much of an over achiever I am, but don't let it tear your noggin off. I should probably write one of those "reminiscent of the year posts" (which there are nothing wrong with those), but at this moment I just don't care. Is that bad? So I'll enlighten you with some much needed thoughts (much needing to be outta my mind and polluting yours, that is).

Why do you think Santa only says “And to all a good night” ? What about having a good day? Then again, most Chinese take-out bags tell you to have a good day; they themselves forget about night. Speaking of China – when wrapping a gift for my sister I said “Love Walmart, or Chinese people who made this for Walmart, or God for making Chinese people.” I like the idea that you can choose who your gift is from. It’s much less constricting when having to write thank you cards for your gifts. And, the gifts that you didn’t exactly love can be attributed to lesser known relatives or Pixar villains. But of course I love all my gifts, so I don’t have to worry about those kind of thank you cards. Aren’t italics just the funnest!

Sometimes, my sub-conscious shocks and awes me. Last someday, I had slept out on the couch for the night, and in the morning, whilest I was still sleeping, the rest of my family was up and about, and my sub-conscious heardest them. My brother asked my dad “What did the Monet tell the police when it was arrested,” and before my dad could think about answering, my sub-conscious told me the answer and I yelled out “I was framed!” And then, when I was reading the paper after I had woken up, I saw that same joke, but I had forgotten about my sub-conscious blurting, so it was even more funny when my mom told me about the incident later. The end. And commas are also awesome. 

Oh, I got put in a Relief Society presidency. They hesitatingly made me 1st counselor. The first Sunday that I had to “sit in the front” I fell asleep for the whole Relief Society to see. If they had the courage to make me President (which is probably a good thing they didn’t) my first order of business would have been to disband the presidency seats facing everyone.  Why?
     1) We’re not better than the other sisters.
     2) It’s not like we hold the priesthood (unless we have a worthy boyfriend that we hug occasionally)
     3) I hate facing sideways to see the teacher, which strains my eyes, which causes faster sleepy sleepy time.
Okay, it would most likely be more reason #3, but having 3 reasons always helps an argument, especially when your reasoning is California-fault-line shaky to begin with. But, you have to admit, making a numbered list can provide many hours of well rounded fun.

And if you actually made it to the end of this post, congrats, it's 2012 by now (and I have it on good authority -via Hollywod via Aztecs - that the world will end in December.) 

Happy Year that may be new, but is so you.
 

3 comments:

Adrian said...

LOL! You are sort of crazy! Loved the framed story. As for sitting in the front, I always disliked that too. I think the reason is so you can see all of the sisters and be struck with the spirit and know you should make the special crying sisters cookies. :)

Courtney said...

1. I wish I was in your relief society.

Molly said...

I TOTALLY agree with the Relief Society thing. When I was in the presidency in my ward in Fresno, we would sit in the front during the opening, then move to sit with the other girls for the lesson. Much better.

P.S. My mom loved the "Fite" sign!