Thursday, June 18, 2009

At the speed of light

What can I say? I think I might be in love. Or obsessed. Or just crazy. Okay, everyone will probably agree I'm just crazy. I'm very intrigued (oh that word means more than some of you know) with light photography. And because it's been raining for the last year and a half here, heck we even got hail today (Or should I have said hail we even got hail today), it's a little cumbersome to go outside (unless you're into that sort of thing- which sometimes I am). I rigged up my own little black studio on the empty bed next to me (two semesters running without having a room roommate by no intention on my part- one of the Bishopric said it's because the Lord want me to have an eternal roommate, don't know what that's supposed to mean. Horatio?). And then I played. As one of my art teachers said today, artists are people who never grow up (Let's not be reminded of growing up, especially on say, June 21. I got to stop with the tangents. Or not). That is all. (or is it).


I call this one black and white. Maybe I should be more technical and call it the absence and presence of all color. Maybe it would sell more if it got in a gallery. That's a funny.



I call this Rocket Raku. Because it is a raku piece I just made. And it's about to take off. Can't you see the rocket fuel igniting?

On another side note- I think what I really want to do in life is to name stuff. Like lipstick colors, or paints, or people could hire me to title their art work. Seriously- what a fun job. Who is going to question Cabbage Patch Baby Puke Green if you were hired to name it. And it's one of the oldest jobs, Adam was given the assignment to name all the animals. Although I don't think he got paid. Okay I'm done. (or am I).

1 comment:

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

lovin that first pic- i really think you could sell it