Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Train's A Coming (So Are Aliens)

I'm in a photographics society and the next contest is on night and lights. Feeling inspired, I hauled up my camera and roommate Madison (although she walked, I didn't have to do too much hauling when it came to her) and drove out to the creepy fields of outer Rexburg. It was about 10 o'clock p.m., so it was actually still fairly light outside, all things consdering (Rexburg summers are aweome for just that reason- they don't get dark until really late).

But it got dark pretty fast. These aren't necessarily contest winner material- but they were fun. We were going to do some more by the silos- but then we heard some people talking and I just got too creeped out. Like Madison said when we first got there- it was a perfect scene for the opening of CSI- we were sure to find a dead body in that shed. Or become one...

This shot was taken when we first got to the scene- it was actually much darker than that but I put it on like a 30 second exposure so it picked up enough light to make it look like morning. But it wasn't. It was dark. Because it was nighttime.

This is me (Madison is behind the camera) with a 15 second exposure. Don't ask what the squiggly lines were- I was trying to look more extra terristrial than I already am.

I call this one "I'm Gonna Get You". Because it totally looks like the alien is running after the camera person so they dropped the camera on the ground. Don't worry- no cameras were hurt in the making of these pictures. Only feelings.



These were fun. They just took awhile to figure out everything. My car right is next to the tracks (my fear of trains hitting cars just wouldn't let me put it all the way on. Thanks, Blackshear), and the person laying down would take a LED light and "rope" themselves down. The last couple of seconds we would look like a train was coming and turn on the car lights for 1 second. So much fun. Thankfully- no trains came.
I call this "Madison just died and her spirit is leaving her body". Obviously not.

This is me. I wasn't as good as Madison. My rope is so loose I could totally slip out if it really were rope. Let's just call it a force field. Or say that I'm so claustrophobic that I cannot even pretend to have myself tied down even if it's only lights.

Oh, and even though this was purely amazing- this is not what you are going to need new socks for. Maybe new underwear if the alien picture scared you that much- but not new socks. That is still coming. Like the midnight train to Georgia.

3 comments:

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

Those are creepy! But I like them. :) Thanks for grabbing by button! lol

Gawdun said...

I love them.

ammunk said...

These light pictures you posted are super cool!