Thursday, April 1, 2010

April, you're a fool

As my roommates were going to bed last night I remembered that April's Fool would be among us. Being my last time with roommates for who knows how long, I decided to at least try this year. So I...

Changed the milk to blue


Turned the coloring pages on our wall upside down




Rearranged cupboard contents




Poured peppermint syrup in roommates' water bottles (would have used vinegar, but didn't have any. Jackie said she would have killed me if I put in vinegar, especially because she drank it after having to run a mile and half for a class)



And drum roll for the best...

Gave my bishop a chocolate covered cotton ball disguised as a truffle. The look on his face when he bit into it, priceless. 

4 comments:

Hallie said...

hahahaha BRILLIANT! How I envy your creativity.

ammunk said...

nicely done!

Caryn said...

I love the chocolate cotton ball! That is a riot. I did pull off one good April Fools: At my daughter's BDay party, we made the bracelets (as you well know) and so when I took the boxes back to the bead lady who supplied us, I gave her the list of beads and supplies we used up. The total was $124 (we had a lot of fun), but I added a 1, so it looked like $1124! You should have seen her eyes bug out.

She must have thought we had all the 12-year olds in the county to our party! When she saw the total, she said, "How many ones are there? I told her it was $1,124. She replied with a smile... "Wow, you must have had some serious party, girl!"

I told her we stayed up late and really went after it, and that I was afraid she would not have much left for her next party. Finally, I told her it was April Fools and we laughed so hard, it was unreal. Her husband was sitting there for the whole thing too, and he thought it was hilarious. She said that no one ever gets her with an April Fools! She also said we are bonded for life now, so she was a good sport! :)

That was a fun one!

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

brilliant.