Sunday, April 4, 2010

BYU-I in the Snow



The other day we got lots of snow, and seeing how it was like the last time it would snow while I was in Rexburg (well actually I'm praying for it to snow when my parents get up here for graduation so they'll have a slight inclination about what this place usually looks like) I figured I'd take some quick pictures. It really was beautiful.

It reminded me of winter 2005, the snow had finally melted and Easter Sunday was a clear springy day. The next day we all woke up to 3 or so inches of snow, and everyone groaned in disbelief. As I was walking to campus I observed how sparkling and clean the fresh snow was, and was reminded of the scripture in Isaiah 1:18 that says "though your sins be as scarlet they shall be as white as snow." I thought what a great reminder; here we had just had Easter and celebrated the resurrection and atonement of Christ and here God was showing us that because of that sacrifice our sins could become white like snow. Even though snow isn't my favorite thing, that was one of those tender mercies I'll never forget.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

I remember you sharing that. It completely changed my outlook

Caryn said...

I love your perspective on the snow. I guess it is beautiful! Maybe I will like it better now after reading your analogy! Thanks :) See you on our Jamba run... or maybe we should go all out?