Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Because I Care

I felt the need to post two posts in a day to make up for the lack of posting recently.

My mom had told my younger brother (Tanner) to change the laundry. She had forgotten to turn on the dryer, so when Tanner went to put the wet clothes from the washer in the dryer, he found the dryer to already be full of wet clothes. Being the smart kid that he is, he took the wet clothes out of the dryer, put them on top of the dryer, and put the other wet load in. Who said you couldn't kill any birds with 3 stones?

Also, I just found this site that has caused uncontrollable fits of hysteria (so much so that my dad who is concentrating on something of obvious importance told me "that's enough Elissa."). It's called (and excuse the language) "Shit My Students Write." I've included a couple of fine samples below, complete with titles/captions given to the selections (not of my doing):

Hot Potato
The potato literally encouraged the Irish to overbreed.


Never Forget
Was it the Revolutionary War or the Civil War that the Japanese dropped the atomic bomb on Pearl Harbor?

He Always Did Prefer Thighs and Drumsticks
Indians, the other dark meat, were saved from extinction by the humanitarian, Andrew Jackson.


Flipper was his homeboy
Steinbeck always wrote with a porpoise.


I don't remember the civil war, like, at all. 
I’ve lived my whole life on the west coast and to me, the civil war seems like a really really long time ago

1 comment:

Alyson Samantha said...

I read this whole post to my Mom, Courtney and Garrett. They enjoyed it thoroughly, as did I.