Sunday, June 12, 2011

Math and Sleep

It's 1:22 a.m. and I should be in bed, but I hate going to bed. It means disturbing dreams and having to find motivation in the morning. I'm still looking for it, but it's proving to be an elusive bugger.

I got a job.

I'm a part time office assistant working for a man who works from home who sells ink cartridges for a fraction of the price (here is his site, WholesaleToners.com . He's getting a new one and I'm helping with a new logo.)

I've had it for a week but didn't really want to tell anyone until I made sure I actually had the job. (Remember this story?). So of course I feel super blessed, and the guy I work for is really great.

One of my favorite teachers/people of all time, Caryn Esplin, invited me to go to Photoshop World with her and some students this September in Vegas. This was my reply to her:

Sis Esplin,

Photoshop world, huh? Do you realize what happened by you just mentioning the mere fact that I should go hang out in Vegas with one of my favorite people (you, not an Elvis impersonator) at a convention that is the equivalent of Hogwarts for a wizard? This is what happened:

1. I got really excited.

2. Then I did a little mathematical equation in my head.

     If a+b=c, then (a)me going to photoshop world + (b)you also being there = (c)me wanting to purchase CS5, more lenses, an external flash and a bodaciously big beautiful Mac. But we can't forget theorem e.

     Theorem e states that "if one has been graduated from college for over a year and finally just got a part time job as an office assistant making $8 dollars an hour all the while trying to pay off student debts, then this person has little money."

     We can then safely assume that a multiplied by c divided by b and squared by theorem e equals the the exponential circumference of an elephant's trunk.

     I think what the math book was trying to say is, "Man, I wish it could somehow all add up to a logical explanation and that theorem e wasn't a variable. We can only hope that *theorem x might become a variable of this hair brained equation." 

    *Note: Theorem X states that one with little money is miraculously granted a large sum of money due to a leprechaun, a really big raise or a scholarship for having tendencies to fall asleep everywhere."

3. I'm still trying to recover from the mathematical equation I did in my head.

But you know what? I'll think about it. And pray for Theorem X

And that's life in a pineapple shell right now.

3 comments:

Adrian said...

Congrats on the job! How cool would it be to go to photoshop world and meet people like scott kelby?!! So are you going or not? This sounds like your exciting birthday bonanza to me.

Alyson Samantha said...

That's awesome about your job!!! Congratulations!

Molly said...

Congratulations on the job! I absolutely hate searching for jobs. It's even more frustrating when you have a degree and you feel like it's worthless (at least I do, sometimes) then you get a job that could never help you pay off your student loans. But a job's a job and it is a blessing no matter what.

By the way, when you said pineapple shell it made me think of the show "Psych." Have you ever seen it? It's hilarious.