Thursday, September 23, 2010

Conspiracy? I Think So

I want to bring your attention to a trend that I believe is a conspiracy. A conspiracy for what? I'm not sure. I think the best kind of conspiracies are the ones that don't make sense.

The trend is this: out of all one hour dramas (not reality shows) on TV, how many are not crime fighting/doctor shows? I think we should go through the list.

Medical
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
House
HawthoRNe
Royal Pains

Crime Fighting 
CSI
CSI: NY
CSI: Miami
The Mentalist
Medium
Blue Bloods
Hawaii 5-0
NCIS
NCIS: LA
Chuck
Chase
Undercovers (I think spy dramas definitely count as crime fighting, but I could be wrong)
Law and Order
Law and Order: SVU
Law and Order: Los Angeles
Law and Order: Criminal Intent
Law and Order: The Preschool Years (jk, just seeing if you're still reading)
Castle
Detroit 1-8-7
Bones
The Good Guys
Human Target
Lie to Me
Leverage
The Closer
Rizzoli and Isles
Dark Blue
Memphis Beat
Southland
White Collar
Burn Notice
Covert Affairs
Pysch
Out of Sight


These are the ones that as best to my knowledge do not fit into the above categories; Good Wife, The Event, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, No Ordinary Family (a family with super powers, I'm betting they'll probably do some crime fighting, but I can't say for sure), Fringe (I've actually never seen this, but I know it's sci-fi, let me know if it actually is crime fighting), Lone Star, Glee and Men of a Certain Age.

The Defenders, Outlaw and The Whole Truth are lawyer dramas, which I guess technically could count as "crime" fighting, but they're all brand new so I don't know for sure. 

All of these shows are from CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, TNT and USA networks. It's possible other networks have one hour dramas that don't fall into the above categories (I'm guessing Sci-Fi probably have some, and I know HBO and Showtime do, but we don't have/ever watch those channels so you'll have to do the research for me). Oh, and I just remembered the CW, which suprisingly looks like little to none of their shows are crime fighting/medical. I think they all fit under the category "drama fighting."

And this concludes this very informative/little use to survival post.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Wow. That's quite a list! I laughed out loud when I saw the "Law and Order: The Preschool Years." I have to admit, I am a sucker for those law/crime shows, so the fact that there are 50 of them bodes well for me. :)