Monday, September 27, 2010

Musings of the muse-less

I decided that really popular personal blogs have something in common - they are a tell-all of the person's life: including all their feelings, all their hardships, all their failures and all their everything. It really is reality television in the written word. I guess what I'm saying is I will probably never reach popular personal blog status. Not that I'm exactly trying, but let me tell you, my blog is not my life under a microscope. Although, I guess this statement is a move in that direction. That, or the big sign in the road that says "Dead End to Elissa's Deepest Thoughts." This epiphany occurred after reading NieNie. She is the lady that was in the plane crash and was burned over 80% of her body. After hearing rave reviews, I finally went to the blog. What I found interesting is that she was a "professional blogger" before the crash. If you've never been to her blog, you should check it out.

In less deep thoughts, I found this company: Pillow Tie. It's a tie that you can blow up (not like a bomb) to then act as a pillow. Based on the first and last picture, I think I may need to start incorporating ties into my wardrobe.





2 comments:

Adrian said...

I have never thought about that before. A lot of popular blogs are like reality tv. Either that or they just feature really cool things. At least in the design and art world.

Um...pillow ties...how did you find those? Too funny! Maybe I should get Aaron one for church.

Courtney said...

Last week Stephanie Nielson(Nie Nie) came and spoke at BYU and I got to attend. She is amazing and I'm so happy you put a link to her blog because I have been wanting to check it out!!!

Also, I think I'm getting pillow ties for all my my brothers as well as my father for christmas.