Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Eat this Pie

Lesson learned when trying to be frugal and making your own illustrations: don't. It's far cheaper to just buy a stock illustration. Believe me. Unless, of course, that is your profession and you have a wacom tablet. The below illustration is something that yes, I created. The below illustration is something that took many moons and many moccasins to accomplish (thankfully, the Indian reservation doesn't know I've left). It is for a friend's blog, In The Kitchen Where I Belong (ITKWIB). She wanted a 50s retro woman. Here she is.


Yes, I know her face doesn't look quite right (she needs cheek bones and her mouth is wonky. Maybe womens' mouths were wonky back then anyway). Any other suggestions are welcome. And I will now be subscribing to istock.

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Wow! I am impressed. Did you base it off a photograph?