Saturday, August 21, 2010

Toll and a Troll

Just got done talking to my friend about career opportunities. She wants me to join the circus with her. If I were to join the circus we all know I'd be the "crazy sleeping lady" freak show. She said she'd be the bearded lady. The problem is, I don't know how to go about running away to join the circus. Brittany Spears had a circus, but I probably wouldn't want to join that freakish of a show. Then there is Barnum and Bailey, but they seem too main stream (as in "The Man" most likely is in charge).

"What about moving to Moab, Utah?" she said. Then I thought of the brilliant idea that we could make toll roads where people hike/dirtbike/whatever; they'd have to pay a toll before they could pass. Then she thought of the even more brillianter idea that we could have an ogre under the bridge that would charge even more. I agreed to be the ogre.

Moral of this post: next time you're down in Moab, take lots of money and ice cream to bribe the ogre who ran away from the circus (now there's an idea, running away from the circus instead of running to it).

1 comment:

Adrian said...

sounds pretty realistic to me :)