Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It Lives in the Ground and It's a Hog


My mom had a Relief Society birthday dinner to attend, and had to bring cupcakes that represented the month of February. Not wanting to be cliche and do Valentine themed cakes, we thought of other things during February. Superbowl. Black History. President's Day. No, Groundhog's Day. Perfect.

Can't say I can take credit for coming up with these little munchkins, I went online and found someone else had already figured it out. Although instead of using Mounds bars, we used Milano cookies, because that's what we could find. The problem is, we put them a little too far back on the cupcake, so they looked like animated tombstones. But then we put ears on them and it was better. More like tombstones that could talk and listen to you. The green stuff is supposed to be grass, but ended up looking like the animated tombstone just got back from a St. Patrick's day parade. I wouldn't doubt if he got a little tipsy.

 I told my mom we better win. She said "Win what? There's no contest." And I told her "Yes huh. Relief Society is always a contest. I'm hoping we win a year free of having to pay tithing." By the way, that was a joke.

But we didn't win. I think it's because people got them confused with gophers. Which, has anyone actually seen a ground hog (besides watching Puxsutawney Phil on TV)? That's what I thought.

3 comments:

Job and Rachael said...

haha I love them! You totally won in my book ;)

Adrian said...

love them!

Alyson Samantha said...

Should have gone with the black history month theme.