Monday, March 21, 2011

My Dad's Hoe

Last Sat the single's ward had a service project at a local elementary doing massive yard work. They said to bring shovels, gloves, hoes, rakes, etc., and because my dad has a lot of that stuff, I brought a good assortment of tools to help in the work. After leaving the project, and later on in the day, I realized I forgot Dad's hoe. Yes, I left Dad's hoe at the school. So I called the Bishop and said "I left my dad's hoe at the school. Do you know if it's still there?" Unfortunately, he had already left, as well as all the other workers. The next day at church he comes up to me and says "did you find your dad's hoe?" Well, I hadn't, even though we had gone back to the school to see if it was still there, but it wasn't.

I forgot all about it until I went to church today and thought "oh man, I still haven't gotten dad's hoe. Good thing mom's still around..." The bishop came up to me again, but this time he said he had gone to the school district and found it (what he meant to say is he went to the Island of Lost Toys and Hoes) and that the hoe was now safely in the clerk's office. I decided to go put it in the car before sacrament started so I wouldn't forget it, but I had to bring the hoe back into the chapel to get my keys that I had left in my purse on the bench. It just felt awkward bringing a hoe into the chapel. I realize God is not a respecter of persons, but still. Moral of the story: Don't loose your hoe.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my gosh! You crack me up!

Sabrina said...

Thank you for making my day!